Goals of the meeting
- Raise awareness of the GREEKC efforts to build the GRKC.
Discuss the development of the MICAST standard and Curation guidelines with the IMEx community.
Discuss upcoming changes to the Sequence Ontology with the user community
- Martin Kuiper
- Sandra Orchard
7th of April:
- 09:00 – 09:20: The Gene Regulation Knowledge Commons: The interoperable set of resources for research on Regulation of Gene Expression. GREEKC Objectives, activities (Martin Kuiper).
- 09:20 – 09:40: Defining what we want to annotate: Cartoons (Ruth Lovering).
- 09:40 – 10:00: From GO and SO to GRO (Jesualdo Tomás Fernández Breis)
- 10:00 – 10:20: The role of text mining in curation workflows (Fabio Rinaldi)
- 10:20 – 10:45: Coffee break.
- 10:45 – 11:15: First results inspired by GREEKC (Martin Kuiper).
- 11:15 – 12:15: ISB community input to GREEKC proposals: Planned workshops/training schools/feedback through surveys (Martin Kuiper).
- 12:15 – 13:15: Lunch break.
- Joint GREEKC – IMEX event (Martin Kuiper and Pablo Porras):
- 13:15 – 13:50: Capturing Causal Relationships: the MICAST checklist and how it can guide curation (Vasundra Touré, Steven Vercruysse).
- 13:50 – 14:15: MICAST Curation Guidelines: Example of Transcription Factor – Target Gene relationship curation (Marcio Luis Acencio).
- 14:15 – 15:15: Open discussion topics (Martin Kuiper and Pablo Porras):
- Capturing functional events beyond physical associations: how much detail is needed?
- coffee break
- Capturing functional events beyond physical associations: how much detail is available in literature?
- 15:15 – 15:30: Joint wrap up and closing remarks (Martin Kuiper and Pablo Porras).
- 15:30 – 16:15: Buffer time for pending IMEx curation issues discussion (Pablo Porras).
The morning session will be in the Boardroom of the University Centre.
- Suggestions for MICAST standard additions and refinements were obtained, including a new acronym: MI2CAST.